The Engagement Photos! What to Wear and Where to Go!
WHAT TO WEAR!
Engagement photos are one of my favourite things about being a wedding photographer. It’s an opportunity for me to get to spend some time with the two of you without the time crunch, and to be able to capture great images in a more relaxed atmosphere. Engagement sessione unique in that youget multiple locations, wardrobe changes and a chance to get to know how we work together so that it’s super easy on your wedding day.
I get asked all the time, “what should I wear for our engagement session” It’s all about you, so you want to wear something that reflects your personality.
If your’re know as the pink girl, then of course wear pink. If your thing is oots or dresses then that’s what you should focus on. His thing might be hats…… whatever it is, it’s who you are and how people describe you, so that’s what we want to capture.
DRESS ON THE SAME SCALE
- if he’s wearing a tux, a bohemian dress with torn off sleeves might not be the best option.
- if you are an upscale fashionista, help your love find an outfit that matches your level of dressiness.
- outfit changes are always welcome – so maybe have one outfit that’s pretty casual and fun and one that’s a touch more dressy and nice.
- work with one asic like denim and dress it up with heels and a pretty blouse for one look, then boots and a sweater for a second look.
- Sometimes your favourite accessory is the car, or the motorcycle, horse, or an activity you both love like bowling, bicycling, or an antique car.
- but leave the work in the garden jeans at home and opt for the dance all night denim you would wear on a date.
- I suggest you avoid too tight fitting clothes that might accentuate cruves you’re not best friends with
- T-shirt material while comfortable is not flattering with all body types so wear something more structured.
- COLOUR… COLOUR…COLOUR
- I love rich colours, and dark colours are always slimming
- something with a little pop always photographs well, but if you’re most “in – love with shirt ” is white or off white don’t be afread to wear it.
- It’s about you! COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER
- yes, compliment too – but really, wear clothes that are complimentary
- if you both want to wear red, orange or green try wearing varying hues or patterns.
- avoid the “we have to match ” mentality
- There’s nothing quite like a brand new dress to bring out the fun for a photograph. I love the idea of having a ‘never been seen” outfit just for those special pictures
- And, if you’re all dolled up…… it’s a perfect excuse for a post session date night.
- HAIR AND MAKEUP! You don’t need to go all out or splurge on hair and makeup, but a little extra attention to details will certainly show in your photographs. Beautiful jewelry, hair accessories, hats, bracelets and scarves can add a little something to your pictures. Check out my PINTEREST LINK FOR MORE IDEAS!!
WHERE TO GO!
The DISTILLERY DISTRICT permit: yes $250
ST. LAURENCE MARKET permit: no
EVERGREEN BRICKWORKS permit: yes
HARBOURFRONT permit: no
LIBERTY VILLAGE permit: yes
KNOX COLLEGE permit:
OSGOODE HALL permit: no
GRAFFITI ALLEY permit: no
QUEEN STREET permit: no
YOKVILLE permit: no
LAVENDER FARM permit: yes
BELFOUNTAIN CONSERVATION Permit: yes $150
MILLCROFT INN/ALTON MILL Permit: please inquire
CATARACT FALLS permit: no